The Boiler upgrade scheme is the Governments latest incentive to drive the uptake of renewable energy technologies particularly heat pump.
The Government will pay upto £5000 for an Air source heat pump and £6000 for a Ground source heat pump.
This is paid as a ”one off “ grant.
For details on eligibility please follow the link below:
The entire Boiler Upgrade Scheme grant process is led by the MCS accredited installer. So, if you chose yres for your heat pump project, we will apply for and administer the grant on your behalf.
The process for obtaining your grant is the following:
- yres will produce an initial quotation for your project.
- Once you’re happy that you want to proceed with a heat pump, you pay us to complete the full MCS designs for your property. If it’s a new build or major renovation project we can do this from plans, otherwise we will need to carry out a site survey to gather detailed information about your project.
- If you do decide to proceed with yres we credit the amount back against future invoices.
- After the designs are completed, we will issue a final quotation.
- Once you accept the quotation, we will apply to Ofgem for your Boiler Upgrade Scheme grant once we have all the information we need.
- The contract can then proceed. The payments you make to us will be the quote amount less the grant amount
- Once the project is finished, we will redeem the voucher and we are paid the grant directly by Ofgema